Random Rants of a Philosophical Mind

The other name i thought was "Random Rants of a Confused Mind".. Random thoughts strike everyone's mind, abstract and even philosophical. In this blog i decide to write about my sudden splurts of thoughts that are sometimes philosophical in nature, facts, etc I believe if one can get into someone else's mind and see what a person is thinking rather than what the person is saying, you have known all that you want to know about the person.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Desserts, Co-curriculam, Futures and Options

Right from the time I remember, i have always been more interested in Desserts than the main course, more interested in co-curriculam and extra-curriculam than curriculam, more interested in things that are optional than mandatory.

I have always wondered why i would involve myself very deeply with things that were considered unimportant. I got interested in yoga in school suddenly and went every day, tried to attend workshops and participate in competitions. The moment my dad said, "Son, you are going to wake up everyday at 6 and do yoga" i was least interested in it and eventually stopped doing it.

I would involve myself managing events in school and college giving my heart, body and soul rather than bothering myself with the books which the mainstream in college were interested in.
Is it the feeling of freewill that drugs the mind? Or Is it because the mind shuns authority and rules wanting to break free? Is it the possibility of excelling in one's own way in areas that one is not usually expected to?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! Mind orients itself to what it wants to do, not what is instructed by external stimuli.

On a normal day u walk on the road all day long but may not even look up into the sky even once. But on an eclipse day when u r instructed not to look up at the sky, the first thing u do is look up...

12:34 AM  
Blogger Suraj said...

In my case, it is more like wanting to do what is not being said rather than doing what is not being asked to do.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home