Random Rants of a Philosophical Mind

The other name i thought was "Random Rants of a Confused Mind".. Random thoughts strike everyone's mind, abstract and even philosophical. In this blog i decide to write about my sudden splurts of thoughts that are sometimes philosophical in nature, facts, etc I believe if one can get into someone else's mind and see what a person is thinking rather than what the person is saying, you have known all that you want to know about the person.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Walking Everywhere, Reaching Nowhere

The State of goalessness, the worst thing that can happen to anyone(atleast me). It feels really miserable to go through this patch. Goal here is a very loose term. It refers to everything from the purpose of life to a very short term goal of kicking the buster who speaks loud in the bus. When one has nothing to look forward to, life comes to a stand still, he has lost his purpose in life, the eligibility to exist.

Starting from the goal of passing every grade in school, the goal of getting good marks to get a good college, the goal of doing good in college to get a good job and doing a good job to get a good salary. Goals keep changing in life and the last goal of doing a good job to get a good salary is the goal that least interests me. That is the way the system works, assigning a goal and getting you used to moving somewhere, learning something new, doing something different...... I think when one gets a job the system quits leaving us to be the masters of our own destiny. Transferring the power of pushing one forward COMPLETELY to one's own hands. I am not a very ambitious person to set definite goals to myself or am i clear with what i want in life. I am just like a fish swimming whereever the water flows.

What drives one, if it is not money? It is sometimes the satisfaction of doing something that interests one, sometimes it is the satisfaction of taking something that you started to the finish or doing something that one believes in. It is by setting myself such goals, that has kept me moving forward. The struggle that is pumped into to achieve these rare goals that pop up in my life gives me the satisfaction of having done something i wish to do. But how often does one find something that one can work for passionately?

The mind should never be goalless. When you know you have nothing to look forward to and your life is becoming purposeless it is time something is done about it. You realise that you have nothing in your mind when you go to sleep, nothing to think about with interest, it is time you found yourself something to think about when you go to sleep. It is the only way MY mind can find peace, by having something to work for with all its energy. It is high time it found something to look forward to or it will rot and would eventually loose the capacity to be contended even if it has something to look forward to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written!
u know what.. u badly need a woman in ur life... but dont worry, u have company...

5:16 AM  
Blogger Suraj said...

Women? Please......
But again u shud read my First Blog. No Goal should be tied to people or things.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Nil said...

Good thought out and well written post! Thanks to Praveen for letting me know about you blog!

9:33 PM  
Blogger ravigurbaxani said...

This is exactly what I am going through I felt both good and bad after reading your post:
Good because I am not alone on the boat there are many who are with me.
Bad because I am yet to discover my passion in life. Nothing seems to be all that clear

11:08 AM  
Blogger Madhuresh said...

cool dude...u have written my heart out....Thanks.....let me know if u find u r passion (goal)....and how did u find it :)....it might make my life easier :D....

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home